Thursday, November 24, 2005

CUCHI CUCHI



Bill Diehl and Charo


We got a lot of comments about the Halloween greeting from our ABC NY Chapter of ex-topers. We're all very proud of the sucess they've had on the National level.

It's just more proof that WTOP radio and TV was always considered a farm club for the networks. That's definitly a reflection on the rest of us, and I'm very flattered.

Personally, I think Bill Diehl landed the best job of any of our "graduates." He's ABC's Hollywood Reporter.


In other words, he goes around the country interviewing Movie Stars!

What a life!



Bill and Desperate Housewife Teri Hatcher


Here's what else he's been doing since we last saw him at 40th and Brandywine:


Hi Lee,

Haven't had a chance in awhile to scan your WTOP website. You're doing a great job and
amazingly I recognized several faces. That shot leading off he website of the WTOP
sign coming down from Broacast House was a sad reminder that nothing stays the same.
However, having said that, I just signed on for another contract with ABC News radio
so I'll continue on the entertainment beat awhile longer. Next year will be 35 years
at ABC. Talk about time flying by. Can't remember when we last had an e-mail exchange
but I suspect you're not aware that my wife Lorraine and I are grandparents for the 'first time. Our daugher, a child psychologist in Boston and her husband, a lawyer are the parents of Teddy Brooks, who is now 18 months old. Quite a handful...walking like crazy...not talking yet...I keep trying to get him to say Bill Diehl, ABC news...probably when he DOES finally start talking he'll say something 'silly like "let's go to the videotape."
Hope all is well for you and your family, a big hello to any TOP'ers who remember me.

Cheers!

Bill

Enclosing a recent picture...remember Charo? I'll bet you do. Xavier Cougat is long gone...she's re-married now to a Swedish businessman.



(*"Cuchi Cuchi" was Charo's signiture expression. -Lee)